Manager, Learning and Knowledge
This full-time Learning & Knowledge Manager will be at the center of supporting Saks Fifth Avenue Contact Centers and our number one priority of ensuring our clients receive an excellent customer experience with every interaction they have with us. The team member in this position will need to be able to think outside the box while being positive, energetic and well organized to drive the development of our training programs for associates assisting clients in a dynamic, growing and changing contact center environment.
The person in this role will need to possess deep experience in the design and development of internal learning initiatives and recognition programs. They will lead the design for delivery of these initiatives via instructor led, interactive video or other technology enhanced teaching; such as eLearning, animations, and remote screencasts. The Learning & Knowledge Manager will use learning and instructional theory to develop and analyze learning needs and goals for the entire Contact Center team. They will audit and provide recommendations to improve knowledge management. You will collaborate with team members to develop our roadmap focused on customers, continuous improvement, and first-contact resolution. You will be offered an amazing opportunity of being part of a team tasked with enhancing the legacy style and service that has made Saks Fifth Avenue the number one luxury retailer.
- Develop effective training that will utilize instructional design expertise including data analysis, adult learning, curriculum development, technology enabled/enhanced learning and blended learning strategies.
- Ability to translate strategic goals into appropriate development programs while meeting and managing the changing priorities of the business
- Develop, utilize, and share a tracking process to measure the effectiveness of training programs, including new hire orientations. Leverage feedback, and continuously strive for improved training programs and processes.
- Conduct a needs analysis to discover specific business needs and form recommendations on strategic learning solutions in partnership with team members
- Observe and evaluate training programs, individual trainers, and team leaders to drive improvement and efficiency
- Evaluate data to identify insights into the effectiveness of training in relation to business goals, make changes as needed. This includes identifying top performing agents and development of improvement plan for bottom quartile agents.
- Audit current Knowledge Management Base to identify critical training gaps and improvement opportunities
- The Core training documents
- UAD – Internal Facing articles
- UAD – Public Facing articles Sales
- Develop integration plan to incorporate Knowledge Management into LMS and AI opportunities (i.e. ChatBots)
- Stay abreast of new and emerging instructional design and adult learning theories
- Work with Operations on the creation, implementation, and sustainment of standardized work and processes
- Audit current New Hire Playbook to identify critical training gaps and improvement opportunities
- Develop, implement, and sustain custom world class training programs and process documentation
- Ability to effectively lead, direct, coach and mentor others on how to design and deliver effective learning solutions that maximize employee engagement, development, and business outcomes
- Partnership Management: Bridge the gap between Customer Service and internal business partners by developing a program for requesting new/enhancements to programs or knowledge for associates. This includes a request for training development program and setting expectations (timing and funding) for implementing changes across the contact centers / impacted associates.
- Effectively manage interactions with stakeholders including setting expectations, holding meetings and ongoing project updates leveraging strong program and project management skills (including detail-oriented, ability to organize, plan and execute while leading cross functional teams)
- Engage regularly with Operations staff on status of current projects as well as prioritization of new priorities
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years with implementation, L+D, knowledge management, instructional design, educational technology or a related field
- Can embrace diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences to put inclusion globally at the heart of learning experiences.
- Call Center experience is strongly preferred but not required
- Proven track record in developing or deploying training strategy for frontline associates
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- Manager doer mentality open to getting your hands dirty
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders, leveraging strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and responding quickly to feedback through iterative design
- Self-starter with strong initiative, energy, and accountability with the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, with a willingness to learn new software as appropriate
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.