The Image Editor is responsible for image retouching services as assigned by the Image Edit Manager or Lead Editor within the Saks Image Editing department. This role retouches, reviews and publishes images produced as digital content for our Saks.com e-commerce and digital channels. These images are created by in-house and freelance photographers, as well as provided by vendors for publishing.
The focus of this role is to prepare the images for publication and is primarily responsible for maintaining quality assurance for offshore retouching services. Any additional required functions will be made using advanced Photoshop techniques such as clipping paths, creating shadows, color correction or color matching, eliminating unwanted imperfections such as wrinkles, tears in clothes, dust and rigging tools etc. Their technical abilities will ensure the consistency and quality of all images processed & published by the associate. They will have a critical eye for detail, art & composition, and be capable of troubleshooting & reconciling imaging issues independently. This associate will also maintain the image database and prepare image transfers for production applications, as well as google sheet, tracking metrics and administrative tasks to support the imaging work.
The studio is a fast-paced, creative environment with high quality standards and high levels of output individually and collectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, Computer Graphics, or Graphic Arts.
- 1-2 years' experience required in a photo studio environment
- MAC proficient with superior expertise using Photoshop and other image manipulation software
- Superior knowledge of color theory, pre-press and print technologies is a plus
- Experience using Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Superior knowledge of Photoshop and excellent photo-retouching skills necessary
- Retouching skills include but are not limited to; creating good selections, masking, dropping in backgrounds, cropping, color correcting, curves/levels adjustments, liquefying, compositing and using history states
- Fashion/Retail experience in a digital content production environment is a plus
- Video Editing experience using Premiere is a plus.
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations areavailable upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.