Alterations Supervisor - Saks Fifth Avenue
What This Position is All About
The Alteration Staff will be part of the tailoring team, providing customer service, and tailoring expertise as required.
Who You Are:
- A towering strength at winning over an audience with their perspective
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
You Also Have:
- Minimum 3 years seamstress/tailoring experience in high-end merchandise
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients.
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as: leather,knits,double face,beading,fine tailoring,buttonholes etc is desired and a benefit.
- Pressing and spotting skills.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
As The Alteration Staff Associate, You Will:
- Model all Saks Fifth Avenue Customer Service Principles.
- Focus on achieving and exceeding individual performance and productivity goals.
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service by creating and developing excellent customer relationships.
- Follow all Saks Fifth Avenue policies and procedures.
- Follow all alteration workroom policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize expertise to make alterations decisions during customer fittings.
- Focus on all efforts on providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support company/store and department initiatives.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount