- Merchandise Assistants / Assistant Buyers
- External Vendor Account Reps
- Item Setup / Copy Associates
- Studio / Photography Managers
- Team player with self-confidence, assertiveness and personal motivation
- Ability to multi-task / manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Ability to respond positively and act with a sense of urgency to challenging work and deadlines
- Positive attitude can manage the repetitive nature of the role
- Work as an integral part of a talented team in a fast-paced, proactive environment with collegial / partnership approach
- A passion for product, and crucially for always exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Passionate about making Saks.com the premier luxury fashion destination
- Entry-level position but must demonstrate a strong passion for retail operations
- Competent with Google Docs, Excel and MS Word
- Keen eye for details, strong organizational skills and passion for documentation and process
- Responsible for the physical organization of the sample closet including organizing samples by category, turn-in schedule, and priority
- Manage sample logistics (pack, unpack, send back to vendor, distribution center, track)
- Complete copy sheets with information from the vendor or directly from the garment, inputting information directly in product management system
- Check the accuracy and quality of samples from vendors; track and report issues to Product Supervisors / Manager
- Float between all categories – focus on resolving issues related to the weekly Not On Site report (missing copy, etc.)
- Prep samples for turn-in meeting (e.g. organize, tag) and complete picture packet for Studio team use
- Responsible for the physical organization of the sample closet including organizing samples by turn-in schedule or any other configuration as directed by the Product Supervisor
- Track the whereabouts of samples – check items in when arriving at studio, check products out for photo shoots, check back in after shoot
- Fill in incomplete areas in the product copy sheet by getting information off the physical sample; check copy sheets into the tracking system
- Check sample against ordered item to make sure it is the same and free of defects; report any item issues to the Product Supervisors and Merchandising Assistants; track item issues by vendor and provide report to Manager on a quarterly basis
- Pack / unpack samples
- Timely return samples back to vendors and DC and provide tracking information as needed
- Keep samples clean / tagged
- Prep samples for turn-in meetings
- Assist in the transport of samples to the corporate office when needed
- Support the Product Supervisor/Manager as needed on ad hoc projects
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.