Who We Are:
Saks Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned destination for luxury fashion and personalized customer service. Since 1924, we have worked to deliver a one-of-a-kind shopping experience, driven by our mission to help our customers express their identities through relevant and inspiring style
Saks Fifth Avenue’s 40 stores offer an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise: fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry and more. We showcase the world’s most desired brands and champion exciting new ones—over the years we’ve launched the careers of countless designers. Saks Fifth Avenue also offers luxury experiences, from spa services to beauty tutorials to fine dining to our legendary holiday windows and light show on Fifth Avenue.
But the essence of the Saks experience is working with our Style Advisors, who can curate and personalize the world of fashion for every customer’s tastes and needs
What this role is all about:
The Logistics analyst will report to the Manger of Logistics Payments & Analytics, managing Saks’s $30mm logistics network. He/she will coordinate a number of high-level projects that cover both domestic and international operations. Key role consists of identifying network improvements through detailed cost/benefit analyses, and engaging with business partners to aid in their execution. The position entails communication and presentation with internal and external customers. An ideal candidate will be an experienced and proficient analyst with strategic business thinking skills who can analyze vast amounts of data, who is capable of using strong technical skills to synthesize this information into a more simple story that delivers valuable actionable insight highlighting areas of opportunity.
Who you are:
- Manage teams operational data and custom reporting, identifying trends in this reporting to communicate to business stakeholders
- Benchmarking carriers and continuous improvement projects (LEAN, six sigma) to drive effenciecy and speed to market
- Administrative tasks including carrier data cleaning and onboarding new vendors
- Support leaders with planning and executing peak shipping plans for retail
- Provide support with daily / weekly financial recoveries and receipt forecast reporting.
You also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university (preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Mathematics)
- Experience in project management, supply chain/logistics/transportation, financial analytics
- Strong analytical skills and innovative mindset; Ability to synthesize large amount of data points and financials to build business cases that help drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal, client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Access and database while not required would be desirable
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks