Analyst, Web Analytics
Location NEW YORK, New York, United States
Job Opened June 9th, 2021
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 210001AB
Job Type Full Time
job descriptionWhat This Position is All About
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Measurement & Web Analytics, the incumbent will primarily focus on driving business results through development and execution of world class analytics to meet evolving business needs. The person is responsible for monitoring and interpreting clickstream and purchase data to identify and take advantage of opportunities for Saks
Educational and Professional Requirements:
Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field like Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing analytics or database marketing.
- 1+ years’ experience working with web analytics packages (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics), and with various marketing channels to scope and implement their technical tracking requirements (pixels, URL tracking, etc)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to code macros in VBA a plus.
- Proven ability to apply findings to business problems to lift revenue and profits.
- Knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics)
- Strong marketing acumen. Understanding of MMM, MTA a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Gather and document business requirements for marketing technology teams on key initiatives and aid project prioritization through robust business case development
- Serve as Analytics point person for Marketing Technology teams and Media teams
- Own Marketing & Merchandising performance reporting across the organization using Adobe Analytics and other tools available to the teams
- Answer key business questions through statistical analyses, reporting and dashboards using analytics tool sets available to the teams (SAS, R, Excel, Adobe Analytics)
- Prepare executive-ready presentations summarizing findings and recommendations
- Build and automate reports and dashboards that the organization finds valuable
- Run all business aspects of Adobe Analytics including training documentation for CRM / Web Analytics tools to drive adoption and self-serve analytics
- Use clickstream, user behavior, and conversion patterns to identify potential issues in near real time and aid pro-active issue resolution with tech partners
- Cross-functional business support for any Adobe Analytics questions
- Partner with marketing and merchandising teams as required on defect remediation, tracking issues and new tracking requests / analyses and reporting
- Support on-site A/B testing strategies as required
- Lead as-needed training to the wider organization on the tools we manage
- Keep up to date with Web Analytics, Digital Measurement and Ad tech best practices, announcements, and industry research. Lead as-needed training on use of Adobe Analytics.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.