Facilities Coordinator - Saks Fifth Avenue
The Facilities Maintenance Associate for a large retail and office facility with numerous retrofits, upgrades and additions. Position reports to the Facility Maintenance Building Manager. Duties will include, troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, and regular inspections assisting with the smooth operations of the overall facility. The Facilities Maintenance Associate shares responsibility for maintaining and servicing work and general facilities care with the rest of the FM team. This role is critical to insuring uninterrupted service of all operations and in maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
- Clearly shares the work to be done and the expected outcome. Easily creates working relationships to enhance self and team
- Establishes positive interpersonal relationships. Demonstrates ease in flexing all communication styles
- Actively seeks information to understand customer’s needs, expectations and comfort level. Builds and sustains positive rapport with customers
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 5 years' experience in general maintenance and/or construction/carpentry preferably in a retail environment
- Ability to utilize company provided technology assets including computers and smart phones in the performance of work functions. This includes but is not limited to basic productivity software (MS office, Gmail, etc.) and smart phone apps (ServiceChannel, Gmail, browsers, etc.) for communications, work order management, and training. Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices.
- Basic knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, and applicable building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice
- Knowledge of traditional building systems and their inter-relatedness
As the Facilities Maintenance Associate, You Will:
- Maintenance/handy-person/carpentry related tasks such as flooring, trim, minor plumbing, patching and painting, minor drywall, cabinet install, minor framing, re-lamping, basic door and hardware etc.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and other departments
- Performing interior, exterior building and equipment checks and keeping maintenance records.
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections as assigned are carried out while responding to emergencies; liaising with contractors and trades
- Assists in identifying equipment in need of replacement and preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and Standards
- Perform assigned functions with a strong commitment to customer service
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.