Manager, US Benefits
What This Position Is All About:
In partnership with the Benefits Broker (USI), The Manager of US Benefits will implement, administer, and maintain health & wellness benefit programs, policies and procedures, including, but not limited to medical, dental, disability and time off benefits.This role will review and approve all benefits communications and postings, ensuring updates are timely and accurate. Additionally this role will be the primary point of contact for invoicing as it relates to SFA US benefits.
Who You Are:
- A natural self starter who is focused on serving the customer
- You possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cross functional partnerships
- You are a natural problem-solver who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You enjoy being part of a collaborative and agile team
You Also Have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in US benefits administration, with 3 years handling disability and family leave programs
- Practiced at managing vendor relationships
- Experienced at managing benefits across multiple states
- Knowledgeable of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
As the Manager, US Benefits, You Will:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, accident plan, flexible spending plan, etc.).
- Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes as provided by the benefits broker.
- Partner with internal council assuring federal, state and local legislative compliance is maintained.
- Manage benefits communications, including the company portal, Annual Enrollment, newsletters and general benefits information; ensures documents and templates are current and or updated.
- A subject matter expert, providing policy interpretation and process training for HR / SMs, especially on absence reporting and time off programs, and conducts Associate meetings as needed.
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
SFA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SFA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SFA welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.