1st Shift Fold & Hang Processor
The coordination of return receipts from customers. Complete inspections to ensure merchandise is in saleable condition before moving to inventory and completing return transaction. Communication with leads and coordinators regarding discrepancies or damage to returned merchandise.
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
- Consistently delivers on goals, requires limited coaching to achieve targeted results
- Brings others together when needed, builds morale and spirit in their team
- Can effectively translate a strategy in an actionable plan
- High School Degree or GED required. 1-5 years of experience in a returns environment, retail, wholesale, or direct to consumer warehouse operations
- Must have understanding of English language both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate understanding of English during the interview process
- Possess articulate verbal and written communication skills. Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to all levels
- Ability to take ownership of assigned area
- Good computer skills with an ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to utilize the SCom system and other supporting systems as required.
- Excellent organizational and efficiency skills
- The incumbent is required to possess and sustain physical requirements including but not limited to: standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours), lifting up to 30 lbs repeatedly, walking long distances repeatedly, bending, stooping, climbing ladders or stairs repeatedly, manual dexterity of hands to process orders, push or pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
- May operate warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker) which requires some coordinated movements
- Demonstrated understanding of working with computer based systems
- Manual dexterity of hands to properly prepare items for putaway, transfer or reship to customers
- Returning orders utilizing the SCom System
- Process transfers to stores and Sell Off
- Attention to detail and productivity are key, as well as positive attitude and flexibility
- Read and follow written instructions and follow all return guidelines
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written formats
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.