Fashion Office Assistant
As the Assistant to the Fashion Office, you are accountable for coordinating the activities of leaders within the department. The Assistant will perform a wide variety of administrative support services, which will contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the team and leaders. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and develop their career in the luxury retail space!
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills.
- You are organized and able to handle multiple tasks with a sense of urgency.
- You are a natural problem-solver, who is intuitively analytical and creative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensures confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact at all times.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in related fashion administrative positions.
- Knowledge of fashion designers, trends, and history.
- Intermediate to expert level competence with MS Office, Powerpoint, Google Suite, and database applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
As The Fashion Office Assistant You Will:
- Admin Responsibilities:
- Maintain full calendar management for the leaders of the team, which may involve frequent adjustments and updates throughout the day, scheduling and confirming internal and external meetings, resolving scheduling conflicts that may arise.
- Schedule and organize all aspects of meetings (booking conference room space, ordering and setting up catering as needed). Follow up on action items from internal and external meetings.
- Trend and Market Reporting:
- Develop an overarching point of view as messages and content unfold each season. Requires depth of knowledge of the industry past and present
- Create real-time Trend and Flash Reports with urgency.
- Share out Trend info to Merchants and Marketing
- Market Research/Brand Discovery
- Develop a roster of Social Influencers and Culture Trend Setters.
- Be a persuasive and gracious company representative and negotiator.
- Marketing Liaison
- Feed fashion looks from the buy to marketing. Be familiar with their needs.
- Proactively understand what is needed from the Fashion Office and prepare.
- Have or quickly become knowledgeable of the share drives to access the buys.
Your Life And Career At Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.