Senior Development Leader - Mobile
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
A Senior Development Leader at Saks is a role model to the rest of the team for quality of contributions, technical leadership, and commitment to the improvement of the customer experience, the quality of our software, and the growth and development of the software engineering team. A Senior Development Leader
- Produces exemplary software designs, has insightful architecture awareness, and creates code that is used as a reference for clean, maintainable software.
- Improves the technical proficiency and effectiveness of colleagues by being an example of a skilled software professional.
- Participates in a leadership role, often in multiple teams at the same time.
- Has an impact on the larger organization by identifying ways to improve the process by which software is delivered.
- Helps grow and mature the team by participating in interviews and identifying candidates that will be significant contributors to the goals of the company.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with mobile technologies including some or all of the following
- Objective C / C++
- React Native
- Experience designing and developing continuous delivery pipelines and production feedback loops using any of the following technologies
- Jenkins / GoCD / CircleCI
- NewRelic / DataDog / ELK
- Splunk / Sentry / Rollbar
- Experience designing and implementing software quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, unit testing, integrated testing)
- Proficiency with source control management repositories (emphasis on Git) and version-control best practices
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with developing software for hardware
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.) against formal schedules
- 10+ years of industry experience.
Who You Are:
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who can:
- Design and develop world-class software applications to bring industry-leading luxury shopping experiences to market
- Ensure software architecture aligns with user needs to bring high-value products to market
- Enable predictable and iterative software delivery by providing leadership in an Agile team environment
- Bring expertise in investigation and resolution of technical problems within the organization
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate the applicability of new software technologies for ensuring the best possible consumer experience
- Drive innovation at a software product level and contribute ideas to the product roadmap
- Mentor junior team members
- Build a culture of pride and ownership over code quality, scalable architecture, security, and data privacy
Your Life and Career at Saks:
Be a part of an entrepreneurial team hyper focused on massive growth
Convenient and collaborative modern offices in Lower Manhattan with onsite perks
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.