Machine Learning Engineer (O0002)
Who We Are
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About
We’re looking for a stellar, self-starting Machine Learning Engineer to join the Machine Learning team in New York City. You’ll be an inaugural member of the team, working closely with a team of data engineers and business analysts to create data products that solve problems, drive growth and improve shopper experience. We’re excited to grow the team and to centralize learnings, grow the data practice and give back to the data science community.
You will research, prototype and deploy cutting-edge Machine Learning and AI models across multiple business units. You’ll also be maintaining and improvising on existing models. You’ll be working with data from a leader in the retail industry and build technologies that improves areas including but not limited to product recommendations, email marketing, and business operations.
- Take on complex data problems using a large, diverse datasets of user behavior, product merchandising and transactional data
- Work on cross-functional teams and lead data initiative across the company
- Evaluate potential approaches and determine key features which are critical for machine learning models
- Build machine learning models that have significant commercial impact
- Provide subject matter expertise in machine learning best practices
- Partner with data engineering to architect scalable, production-ready infrastructure that supports continuous learning
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of industry experience working with large datasets, machine learning and data science
- Expertise knowledge in machine learning libraries and frameworks such as pandas, keras, sci-kit learn
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques, such as classification, recommendations and NLP
- Well-versed in the underpinning mathematical and statistical concepts
- Hands-on experience implementing production-ready machine learning systems in Python, Scala, or Java
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to mentor junior members of the team
You’ll Stand Out If You Have
- Experience in e-commerce or retail space
- Worked with a distributed, international team
- Experience working with TensorFlow and deep learning frameworks
- A higher degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, computer engineering, or applied mathematics
Your Life And Career At Saks OFF 5TH
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with Saks OFF 5TH. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks OFF 5TH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks OFF 5TH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks OFF 5TH welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.