Who We Are
Saks Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned destination for luxury fashion and personalized customer service. Since 1924, we have worked to deliver a one-of-a-kind shopping experience, driven by our mission to help our customers express their identities through relevant and inspiring style.
Saks Fifth Avenue’s 40 stores offer an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise: fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry and more. We showcase the world’s most desired brands and champion exciting new ones—over the years we’ve launched the careers of countless designers. Saks Fifth Avenue also offers luxury experiences, from spa services to beauty tutorials to fine dining to our legendary holiday windows and light show on Fifth Avenue.
But the essence of the Saks experience is working with our Style Advisors, who can curate and personalize the world of fashion for every customer’s tastes and needs.
What This position is all About:
Th Facilities Manager is responsible for the effective coordination of all resources to ensure the sustained operational readiness and physical integrity of stores while working within allotted budgets. This associate will meet and interface with vendors, engineers, consultants, GM's, AGMO's, Risk Management, and Legal to resolve repair/maintenance issues. They will also be responsible to work with nationally contracted vendors and one off vendors to ensure the most cost effective means to complete repairs/maintenance. The Facilities Manager is also responsible for resolving vendor quality assurance and service level agreement issues; complete due diligence and inspections to reduce overall energy consumption by assigned stores and ensure company guidelines. This position will require frequent off hour and weekend interaction.
Who you are:
- Manage the external relationships with vendors daily to ensure the cost effective, technically correct, and timely delivery of repairs/maintenance to assigned stores. Areas include, but not limited to: Fire suppression, HVAC, roofing, electrical, plumbing, crisis cleanup, tile, carpet, paint, alterations equipment/boiler, and vertical transportation. This will include evaluation, technical assessment, prioritization, and approval (< $25K) for capital and expense repairs to assigned locations. Advocate on stores' behalf and expedite issue resolution while maintaining excellent rapport with vendors.
- Prioritize and manage annual planned capital/expense projects. Manage projects within budget scope and according to set time line. Ensure all company financial requirements, guidelines, policies, and ethics are adhered to strictly. Solicit data from vendors/stores and participate in following year capital planning/prioritization process.
- Store visits: Physically visit stores and provide feedback on building/safety concerns and operational readiness of the facility as required. Evaluate major support system operability and perform quality assurance checks on expected vendor service. Interface with management team and Facility Coordinator for feedback on operations, overall store equipment functionality, and vendor relations. Document issues. Verbally check same criteria with those locations that do not receive physical visit. 20-25% travel.
- Monitor energy usage: use available reports and methods to research, identify, and resolve specific faulty equipment, overuse, or noncompliance to company guidelines.
- Surface, track, and resolve any issues pertaining to environmental or safety. Follow appropriate guidelines to complete in accordance to local/state/federal government regulations and document accordingly.
- Take lead management role in any location crisis resolution. Contain the crisis, resolve the damage, restore or prepare the damaged area(s) for restoration.
- Improve service quality by identifying solution to repetitive issues.
- Research new and innovative ways to reduce energy footprint within locations.
- Provide leadership to direct report internal resources within their region such as building operators and painter carpenters
- Provide support to the DVP of Facilities in procurement initiatives, such as RFP’s, project implementation etc.
- Provide guidance to lower level regional facility managers to improve their abilities when requested.
- Provide leadership ability to manage certain vendor relationships, weekly conference calls, address action items that result in the interaction
- Assist in building 5 year capital plan, and managing yearly capital plan
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent technical training.
- 10 years’ experience in the Facility Management industry, with management experience
- Certification in Facilities Maintenance or Project Management.
- Background in retail store presentation and standards.
- Certification in Electrical, HVAC, Vertical Trans, or Fire Suppression.
- Developed computer skills - Windows, Microsoft: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Project. (Service Channel System experience a plus)
- Ability to evaluate job cost estimates.
- Excellent communication skills - Customer service oriented.
- Ability to develop solutions to technical issues and prioritize execution such that repairs minimize impact on business.
- Attentive to detail.