Director, Senior Privacy Counsel
Reporting to the VP, Associate General Counsel, the Senior Counsel, Privacy will provide Saks with legal guidance on enterprise privacy and data security practices and policies. In collaboration with Digital, Marketing, Tech, Information Security, and other cross-functional teams, the Senior Counsel, Privacy will be entrusted to provide day-to-day counsel as well as recommendations on policies/compliance protocols to protect Saks, its customers, its employees, and other third party partners.
- JD required. Member in good standing of the bar. Practicing lawyer with 6-8 years of experience; with requisite minimum of 4 years at a reputable law firm providing legal counseling primarily on privacy matters. In-house experience is a plus but not required.
- Extensive data privacy knowledge and experience is essential; an interest in retail, digital and/or experience within a B2C environment is desirable. CIPP/CIPM/CIPT certification (or equivalent) is also desirable.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills; the ability to present clear and practical legal advice; the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize and schedule workload
- Be team-oriented and have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues
- Ability to make reasoned decisions/recommendations and provide sound legal advice while considering the needs of the business
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the agility to thrive in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment
- In partnership with the VP, Associate General Counsel, provide strategic advice to address privacy and security risks while supporting customer focus and business growth
- Actively monitor and advise on global privacy requirements and compliance with emerging privacy and data security laws
- Review/draft a variety of agreements related to data and privacy and security, including vendor and customer agreements
- Draft and negotiate relevant data processing or other 3rd party data transfer or protection agreements
- Assist with periodic evaluation and updating of business unit privacy policies
- Assist with development of and conduct global privacy training programs that are tailored for audience and geography
- Manage incident response plans and processes in partnership with the tech security team
- Drive implementation of regulatory and compliance initiatives such as developing project plans to manage product-related changes or respond to changes in applicable laws
- Support various business functions in identifying data flows and documenting data flow maps as part of global privacy compliance program
- Serve as primary manager of all consumer request workflows for different consumer rights
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.