Senior Snowflake Database Admin
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and optimize data models for Business Analytics.
- Manage incoming data requests and prioritize the highest value projects in an organized fashion.
- Manage Snowflake Data Exchange between HBC companies and partners.
- Manage Data Integrations in Cloud Environments.
- Use your master SQL skills to craft cutting edge data solutions.
- Punch through ambiguity and a growing level of complexity when it comes to our organization's data.
- Communicate data-backed findings to a diverse constituency of internal and external stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics or Science/Engineering.
- Expert-level SQL skills.
- Strong Computer Science Fundamentals. Data Structures, Algorithmic Complexity.
- Strong coding skills using Python.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Solutions. Azure, AWS(S3, Cloudformation, Identity and Access Management).
- Expert-level knowledge of Snowflake Query optimzation, Micropartitions, Clustering.
You Also Have:
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and fix problems in a hands-on manner.
- Intellectual curiosity and research abilities.
- Exposure to retail environments.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work.
Your Life and Career at Saks Fifth Avenue:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.