Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
This position is responsible for all capital accounting at Saks.com. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, month end close and financial reporting activities, preparing timely forecasts to support FP&A, and reviewing complex capital agreements for accounting implications (US GAAP and tax basis). Strong communication skills, attention to detail and an agile work style are key attributes to be successful in this role. This role will work closely with the IT and operation teams, FP&A, external reporting and external auditors.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent field of study
- CPA a plus
- 1-2 years of work experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills with experience working with US GAAP
- Workday and Hyperion experience a plus
- Lead month end close process for capital accounting, ensuring all related entries are recorded, reviewed and approved on a timely basis
- Primary account owner for all capital accounts ensuring the accuracy of account reconciliations and adherence to the capital policy
- Collaborate with FP&A and External reporting related to complex accounting transactions communicating the impact to Saks P&L forecast & plan as well as the external financial statements
- Liaise with the IT and planning operation teams to obtain timely information to facilitate appropriate accounting
- Maintain the tax book used in our annual tax filings
- Prepare timely depreciation and amortization forecasts for FP&A and support variance analysis and questions as required
- Partners with IT and planning operations to provide finance and accounting support for day to day and ad hoc initiatives to ensure compliance with the capital policy
- Point of contact for capital related questions from external auditors
- Manage the capital accounting system to ensure accuracy of data and coordinating to ensure appropriate control framework for internal/external audit purposes
- Review complex capital agreements and determine their respective accounting implications to the financial statements (US GAAP and tax basis)
- Review assets for impairment indicators and perform impairment testing
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.