Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Role Is All About:
The Executive Trainee works within the Buying and Planning teams on a variety of tasks, processes, and communication. The Trainee partners with Buyers and Planners in managing a profitable business in a fast paced, deadline driven, detail oriented environment with the objective of increasing sales and earnings for the organization. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the Merchant team as well as with vendors, distribution centers, stores and customers. The Trainee partakes in the Merchant Development Program, which includes a curriculum that exposes participants to cross functional experiences and exposure in areas such as Digital and Finance.
We are hiring multiple trainees across the business! Categories include: Women's European Designer, Women's Contemporary, Men's Shoes, Women's Handbags & Soft Accessories, and Cosmetics and Fragrances.
Who You Are:
- You have excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Display a sense of urgency flexibility, and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational and clerical skills
You Also Have:
- A Bachelor's degree commensurate retail experience
- 1-2 years related experience in a merchandise capacity is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
As the Executive Trainee at Saks, You Will:
- Assist with in-season management by actively monitoring automatic replenishment, buyer managed inventory and central stock
- Assist the Buyers and Planners with setting financial targets and forecast overall department sales dollars, GM %, and inventory turns that fit the brand identity
- Assist with go-to-market preparation (e.g., schedule and book appointments, assist with shopping list, partner with Assistant Planner on market prep: style selling, picture selling, class recap, print picture selling and reports)
- Assist Buyers and Planners with financial performance management, inventory management, and merchandise distribution
- Set up and manage buy sheet for brands not live on NuOrder
- Partner with digital teams to analyze and review NOS details
- Acts as a point of contact with vendors (e.g., order tracking)
- Support the markdown and price change process by working with buyer and vendors to determine markdown strategy
- Communicate pricing strategies to stores through store communication tools
- Partner with Merchandise Operations Team to enter same day or priority PO’s, transfers, or RTV’s
- Partner with Merchandise Operations Team and MA Lead to ensure processes/tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Support ad hoc analysis
- Additional responsibilities as required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.