Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position Is All About:
The Editorial Digital Tech is responsible for assisting and supporting the editorial team. In partnership with our creative team consisting of in-house and freelance Art Directors, Stylists, Photographers, and Digital Techs, the role requires meeting daily production levels while maintaining high quality standards. Within this position you will serve the role of both on-set photo assistant and digital tech. A significant part of the responsibilities will revolve around setting up and maintaining daily capture workflow in addition but not limited to the packing of daily equipment needs for their assigned photographer.
The role of Editorial Digital Tech is responsible for (but is not limited to):
- Support photographer with prepping and breaking down sets for the day
- Handling transportation of gear to and from offsite locations with designated driver provided by producers
- Naming, processing, and backup of digital assets before passing along to others teams for post production
- Tracking and submission of photo equipment requests
- Serve as the liaison between image edit and the on-set team for facilitating selects & missing images
- Ensuring workflows and processes are properly followed
- Support Supervisor with maintenance and organization of studio space and equipment, including ordering of supplies and rentals for upcoming shoots
- Partner with Supervisor to find efficiencies and improvements in workflows and processes
Cross-functional partners at this level include:
- Art Directors
- Production Team
- Image Editing Team
- Sample Management
Who You Are:
- Self-driven and possesses an enthusiastic work ethic
- Effective at communicating creative ideas and collaborate in a multi-team environment
- Possesses knowledge and comprehension of photography production and post-shoot processes
- Productivity-focused and quick problem solver with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure to deadline-based work
- Comfortable with learning new skills and willing to take on responsibilities as needed by the team
You also have:
- 2+ years of on-set experience digital studio experience, preferably in fashion or related field
- Expert level proficiency with the industry standard software and equipment (Adobe Creative Cloud, Canon Camera Systems, ProFoto Lighting, Capture One, and Mac OS)
- Problem solving skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Integrity and teamwork skills
- Understanding of luxury customer
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team
- Work with an adventurous spirit
- Think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental, and flexible PTO program)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.