Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The RTW Junior Photographer is responsible for assisting and supporting the photography of all categories of Saks product within the NY studio. This role works with the guidance of a Lead Photographer to meet daily productivity levels and produce imagery of luxury merchandise to high quality standards.
A significant percentage of time consists of creating, trafficking and cataloging Ghost imagery with additional duties including photographing detail shots, or any other additional views required for the product display page.
The studio is a well-equipped, fast-paced environment with an average of 65 items shot per day per RTW set.
A strong focus and sense of urgency is required.
The Junior Photographer is responsible for (but not limited to);
- Shoot RTW Ghost imagery, meeting or exceeding daily productivity levels
- Ensure all imagery meets high quality and site standards
- Ensure lighting and camera equipment is set to Saks standards
- Execute QC (quality control) of all work before uploading to Image Edit teams including naming, cropping, and color processing
- Ensuring workflows and processes are properly followed
- Support Manager and Lead with maintenance and organization of studio space and equipment
- Partner with Manager/Lead to:
- Find efficiencies and improvements in workflows and processes
- Support training of junior staff, such as Digital Techs
- Schedule testing opportunities to build upon technical skills
- Research and development, as well as testing, towards an improved customer experience
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- The ability to stand for periods up to 6 hours
- The ability to climb ladders
- Candidate should feel comfortable building and breaking down sets as needed
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in photography or related field
- Knowledge of photographic techniques such as lighting and composition
- Productivity-focused, quick problem solver with proven ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and results driven with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic work ethic that is able to effectively communicate and collaborate in a multi-team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
- 1-3 years of on experience in an E-commerce Photography environment
- Website or portfolio of photography required
- Excellent knowledge of Capture One Pro, Canon and studio lighting equipment
- Skilled with Adobe CC programs, with emphasis on Adobe Photoshop
- Well versed in Mac OS, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to photograph Ghost imagery for all Saks RTW categories for E-commerce
- Compose shots consistent with visual standards and quality levels
- Effectively communicate production notes between teams
- Maintaining the workflow that ensures completing the daily production requirements.
- Supports Photographers & Lead Photographers with studio based projects and training of Digital Techs
- Serve as the liaison between the post team and the on set team for facilitating image edits & missing images. Manage on set exceptions to images for timely correction and process urgent files as needed
- Work with Manager, Lead and Studio Operations team to ensure upkeep of the studio equipment
- Undertaking other duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Attends meetings as necessary as well as other duties as assigned.
- Completion of daily RTW productivity goals, executed to company standards
- Feedback from peers and Image Edit QC
- Maintain accuracy and accountability metrics that drive excellence
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.