Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Stylist is responsible for styling on model e-commerce photography and creating innovative and brand-conscious looks. The Stylist has a thorough knowledge of luxury fashion and current trends with an acute eye for fit and detail. This person will ensure styling aligns with the vision of Saks while also considering vendor aesthetic. This person will have a strong fashion sense and time management skills. This person will be collaborating with our Photographers to ensure the brand aesthetic is being successfully translated. This person must be able to work under fast-paced conditions and be flexible to adapt to change within the photography process.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds regularly
- The ability to stand for periods up to 6 hours
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Fashion Design or a related discipline (desired)
- Familiarity with Saks vendors, both women’s and men’s
- Ability to create fresh and innovative looks while maintaining brand standards and overall wearability
- Technical styling skills and knowledge of appropriate garment fit across product categories
- Portfolio showcasing comprehensive styling experience and aesthetic (required)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with on-figure, high volume, e-commerce styling experience
- Ability to make decisions and work well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative studio environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively
- Ability to work with, guide, train and mentor junior stylists
- Operating experience of Mac OS
- Execute technical styling of a minimum of 70 pieces on-figure, displaying a strong eye for detail and fit to produce the highest quality images
- Execute work in an efficient manner on set as well as overseeing junior stylist’s work to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met and on standard
- Prepare merchandise for photo shoots and ensure product is consistent with established style guides
- Prepare models for photo shoots
- Collaborate effectively with the Photographers to deliver consistent, high quality and on standard editorial photography aligned with company goals
- Assist in enhancing department vision and strategies
- Seek out solutions to inefficiencies within the studio and propose new styling processes that could improve overall image quality or address opportunities
- Stay current on the fashion industry including global and consumer trends, assessing and communicating their potential impact to the business
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape
- Meeting/exceeding our daily throughput targets
- Meeting our styling standards consistently
- Feedback from internal clients
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.