Who We are
Saks Fifth Avenue is a world-renowned destination for luxury fashion and personalized customer service. Since 1924, we have worked to deliver a one-of-a-kind shopping experience, driven by our mission to help our customers express their identities through relevant and inspiring style.
Saks Fifth Avenue’s 40 stores offer an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise: fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry and more. We showcase the world’s most desired brands and champion exciting new ones—over the years we’ve launched the careers of countless designers. Saks Fifth Avenue also offers luxury experiences, from spa services to beauty tutorials to fine dining to our legendary holiday windows and light show on Fifth Avenue.
But the essence of the Saks experience is working with our Style Advisors, who can curate and personalize the world of fashion for every customer’s tastes and needs
What This Position is All About
Under direction from the Assistant General Manager of Operations, the Alterations Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to all of the Alterations Associates in order to provide outstanding service and meet the demands of the clients and selling organization.
Who You Are:
You inspire others with your vision and sense of purpose. You’re an optimistic thought provoker who can motivate entire units or organizations while driving store and company initiatives.
You are able to generate a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas while paying close attention to detail.
Innate ability to gain ground without damaging relationships. Can be both assertive but diplomatic. You exhibit sound business judgement and have exceptional organizational skills.
You Also Have:
- Minimum 3 years seamstress / tailoring experience in high-end or luxury merchandise setting.
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients (made-to-measure experience preferred).
- Management experience and a proven track record in leading a successful team in a retail setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
As the Alterations Manager, You Will:
- Create a professional work environment by communicating and exemplifying our company's standards of excellence.
- Create effective teamwork between the selling organization and the Alterations department.
- Maintain a consistently high level of customer service within the department by recruiting, selecting, training, and developing quality professional Alterations Associates.
- Deliver ongoing education, assessment and performance feedback to associates with regard to quality, productivity, service and alterations policy and procedures.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.