Sales Manager, Partnerships
The Sales Manager of the Partnership & Business Development team evaluates and operationalizes key growth initiatives for Saks including all strategic non-endemic partnerships related to media sales and partner marketing in the luxury lifestyle space. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and driven by achievement, execution, and closure, along with analytical, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about business strategy in the fast-paced retail world. As an interdepartmental liaison and externally-facing team member, effective communication and relationship building skills are crucial. The Partnerships & Business Development Manager role reports into the Sales Director of the Partnership & Business Development team.
The ideal candidate has digital and traditional media sales experience with highly complex deal structures and a built-in network of senior-level marketer and agency relationships. This individual will partner with brands in key non-endemic verticals to creatively design marketing strategies that expose Saks customers to new and exciting experiences and products while meeting the marketing needs of our respective partners, and most importantly, driving revenue.
The variety of initiatives requires strong partnership across the Saks organization, including Marketing, Merchandising, Digital, Creative, Store Visuals and Operations, Legal, and Finance. As a result, this role will afford tremendous exposure to many areas of a multi-faceted, global retailer. The role will prove challenging, demanding and fast-paced, and will require juggling numerous projects and responsibilities. To succeed, he/she must be energetic, a team player, motivated by challenges, and eager to jump in with both feet.
- Develop non-endemic partnerships to drive revenue for Saks Fifth Avenue
- Source and close media fee partnerships, both short-term and long-term
- Own and manage specific categories and/or agency relationships
- Create programming and marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: live and virtual event sponsorships, custom digital editorial content, in-store activations, window and visual displays, social media, and native advertising
- Conduct analyses of key areas for business growth and expansion
- Manage approval and closure of partnerships by liaising between invested internal teams
- Oversee creation of partner pitches and internal presentations and reports
- Organize pipeline and revenue projections for management
- Represent Saks Fifth Avenue at external client meetings and conferences
- Drives financial success for total department
- Accountable for achieving margin targets for respective category/ subset of brands
- Responsible for high-profile, long-term accounts or business streams, and identifies potential client and program upsell opportunities
- Identify and develop new categories of business/ brands
- 5+ years experience selling traditional and digital media
- Knowledge of key industries in verticals such as CPG, financial services, auto, travel, entertainment, consumer electronics and more
- Passion for strong consumer brands, specifically fashion and lifestyle
- Understanding of how digital and traditional agencies operate and interact with brand marketers
- Expert in building and maintaining strategic partnerships and internal/external relationships
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills, adaptability/flexibility and initiative
- Achievement-oriented, detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Analytical and data-focused, must be proficient with numbers
- Self-starting and eager to initiate and own new projects
- Collaborative and enthusiastic about being part of a tight-knit team environment
- Highly organized with a deep appreciation for efficiency
- Naturally reflective of existing processes and procedures and how to improve them
- Intellectually curious
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and GSuite
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.