Public Relations Specialist
The Public Relations Specialist supports the Saks PR Team on all initiatives (as outlined in the essential job functions), and reports to the Senior Manager of Public Relations.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, strong communication and ability to multitask
- Results oriented, must be willing to take ownership of all assigned responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player and positive "can-do" attitude
As the Public Relations Specialist, you will:
- Support execution of media and PR campaigns for Saks, related and/or special events and key company initiatives
- Create press summaries/recaps, media alerts, pitches, manage press budgets and attend internal/external partner meetings
- Assist in PR for special events (some evenings and weekends as required by event schedule) and support senior executives at high-profile events
- Build relationships with members of the media in key areas—women’s fashion, men’s fashion, accessories, retail, lifestyle, etc.—including print, broadcast and digital
- Act as liaison between the PR team and various internal teams as required, including events and experiences, partnerships, integrated marketing, social media, merchandising, creative, etc.
- Proactive press outreach to generate press placements
- Maintain press and VIP lists for team, as well as ensure senior management and team calendars are coordinated
- Process and track invoices
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.