Material Handler (Distribution Center)
Location WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania, United States
Category Distribution Center
Job Opened July 22nd, 2021
Job Number 210003UO
Job Type Full Time
job descriptionWhat This Position is All About
The Material Handler is an integral part of the distribution operation. Essentially, you are responsible for making sure that merchandise reaches the designated end-destination in a timely fashion. You will be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, team, playing an integral part in the overall shipping and receiving operation.
Who You Are:
- Building teams by bringing others together when needed. Creates a sense of community and builds morale in their team.
- Lead through results. Often going above and beyond your goals.
- Innovative with a mindset that generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas.
You also have:
- 6 months of experience in a distribution center in similar position is a strong asset but not necessary
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- You enjoy and are totally comfortable with physical work, which includes lifting up to 50 lbs and being on your feet for a long time.
- Receipt and distribution of inbound freight from Full-line stores
- Retrieval and loading of outbound freight to stores
- Hanging and rearranging of merchandise in aisles
- Pulling and retrieval of merchandise for outbound processing
- Moving and sorting merchandise on rolling racks
- Providing assistance with heavy containers
- Assist in discarding used processing materials
- Assist in inbound/outbound processing materials
- Flexibility with regards to tasks, area, and schedules
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.