Senior Desktop Systems Engineer
What This Position Is All About:
Saks.com is looking for a Senior Desktop Systems Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, service oriented organization. This position within the IT Services and Support team will serve primarily to design, refine, maintain, and improve workstation standards and related systems for Saks.com’s endpoint fleet. You will represent the end-user computing environment in a wide array of application and infrastructure projects requiring broad knowledge of operating systems, browser configurations and integrations, requiring excellent collaboration and partnering capabilities.
What you will do:
- Engineer, maintain and update Saks’ standard desktop infrastructure and future planning needs of the company's Mac and Windows environment
- Be responsible for monitoring the performance of the company's desktop infrastructure and driving consistent improvements to raise the quality and efficiency of desktop management service provided to all employees
- Maintain consistency on application deployment and patch management between both Mac and Windows endpoints
- Troubleshoot escalated issues by Tier 1 teams while creating a proactive proposal to the management team to prevent similar issues from occurring again
- Maintaining system health in various system consoles including though not limited to Endpoint Encryption, Patch Management and Software Deployment
- Ensure internal groups are fully coordinated through hardware and software deployment life cycles by managing the company's software packaging, software release, patch management, anti-virus patches, utilizing software management and deployment tools
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation
- Develop new projects, formulate workflows and drive automation to improve end user experience
- Provide technical leadership and recommendations for best practices to senior management regarding desktop management and configuration
- Determines priorities to meet operational and project goals
- Adhere to Infosec and industry security standards when performing any tasks
Who you are:
- 3 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in systems engineering (Mac and Windows) including both hardware and software, at an advanced level
- Experience using mobile management tools (i.e. Endpoint Manager(Intune), Kandji, JAMF, JumpCloud, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SaaS applications, including, but not limited to Okta, Google Workspace, Bettercloud, Slack, Zoom, Adobe CC, AWS, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with desktop security initiatives
- Experience providing Tier 2/3 support
- Have a passion for automation, procedures and documentation
- A deep problem solver; able to think on your own and develop quick, sound solutions to complex problems while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- You will be enthusiastic, organised and adaptable; a quick learner, who is able to adopt new technology with ease
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to integrate seamlessly with other IT professionals
- Additional industry certifications such as: Microsoft 365/MD-100/MD-101; JAMF 200; CompTIA Network+ / Cisco CCNA
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
- Flexible PTO
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.