Principal Product Manager - OMS
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position Is All About:
The new Order Management System (OMS) organization at Saks has been given the challenge and the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the order management system across the whole order life cycle management. We are looking for Principal Product Managers who want to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in online luxury retail. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing world class e-commerce and/or the comprehensive order/inventory/return management experience into reality. You will work side by side with logistic and shipping leaders, front-end customer experience team, software engineering, central teams, operations, and executive stakeholders as an owner of significant features and initiatives on the product roadmap. We are looking for leaders with a deep customer focus, as well as a passion for delivering results. A successful candidate should be able to manage the tactical tasks of delivering products while simultaneously defining and driving strategic product planning for forward looking initiatives.
As a Principal Product Manager, you are a natural alchemist that understands what it means to create a reliable, comprehensive and intelligent order management system. You know how to identify an opportunity, take ownership of an idea, and launch new large-scale features and initiatives that will be used and loved by millions of customers. You will work with teams from across the organization to drive future solutions that will impact customers logistic and shipping experience when shop luxury fashion and goods. You’re a great written and verbal communicator who will frequently engage business, product, and technology leaders as an advocate for both brands and customers. This role reports to the VP of engineering in OMS.
- A demonstrable, natural sense for what makes a good product of order management.
- Bachelor's degree, or appropriate work experience in successful e-commerce order/inventory management domain.
- 5+ years post MBA, or 7+ years’ work experience performing relevant product management job functions.
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies and development processes
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across website/mobile, logistic and shipping, and engineering and QA to meet aggressive goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Concrete experience managing complex order management and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance Product Management teams.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Understand IBM Sterling system is a plus
As The Principal Product Manager, You Will:
- Take ownership over major areas of the order management system. Look for opportunities to evolve, innovate, and optimize them over time.
- Represent the OMS organization in the across teams’ feature planning and execution with the deeply understanding of the order management business logic, inventory management, fulfillment technology and customer return.
- Make your and the company's vision a reality in partnership with business, engineering, and partner teams.
- Learn from customers, analytics, internal insights, brand feedback, and behavioral measurements to craft a better experience and evolve features over time.
- Articulate and communicate ideas and strategies across the organization.
- Deliver customer value by meeting and exceeding launch deadlines, optimizing feature sets, and helping craft the product roadmap.
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.