Manager, Financial Compliance & Control
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Manager, Financial Compliance and Control will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through evaluation of existing processes and the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
They will manage an analyst and report directly to the VP, Assistant Controller. This individual will also provide strategic support and analysis as needed.
A successful individual in this role is a self-motivated, adaptive, eager learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset, strong work ethic, heightened attention to detail and a desire for continuous process improvement. They will be able to work well cross-functionally and form relationships throughout the Company.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience required, Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Strong understanding SOX and internal control frameworks
- Experience with accounting, financial systems, and processes, including monthly and quarterly close processes
- A strong leader able to develop reports, motivate teams, collaborate across departments, work closely with management, and take initiative
- An expert in multi-tasking with the ability to manage several high-priority projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and analytical providing high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and cross-functionally
- A creative problem solver with the ability to collaborate across functions
- A working knowledge of Cadency (or similar offering) and Workday a plus
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
- Own the evaluation, design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring internal control framework, including policies and key risks in order to ensure adequate controls exist to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in the financial records and reporting
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews
- Foster standardization and consistency across business processes
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners and senior leadership and audit committee
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.