Lead Network Engineer
Saks Fifth Avenue is looking for a Network Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the organization's voice and data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users.In this role you will be architecting, engineering, and deploying networking solutions with an emphasis on Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, AWS and Azure. You will also respond and resolve critical production network issues.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge and experience working with CISCO (CIP, CSS Load Balancers, 76xx, 75xx, 72xx, 38xx, 28xx Routers, PIX Firewall/ASA, 65xx/4000/35xx/29xx Switches, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ACNS, and Cisco WAAS), Meraki, Fortinet Firewalls, Palo Alto, Riverbed WAN Acceleration
- AWS certified solutions architect certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Visual Networks, Network General, F5 ASM, LTM, Cisco SSL VPN, 4G/LTE Wireless Design & Implementation, Wireshark, Solarwinds, Linux
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent specialized experience in Information Technology in a network related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- 7+ years of network engineering within a Cisco networking environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining Cisco Wireless networks
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
As a Network Engineer you will:
- Build, support and maintain the networks that keep Saks IT services running smoothly
- Use network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization reporting
- Maintain technical documentation describing the deployment, configuration, and management of network infrastructure.
- Participate in IT security audits. Responds to existing audits and ensures required controls are implemented as required.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for core networking technologies such as cloud connectivity, routing, core switching, firewall and wireless infrastructure.
- Handle software upgrades and device maintenance on appropriate appliances
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance issues as they arise
How Often You May Travel:
- This role has remote flexibility
- 10% within North America
Your Life and Career at Saks Fifth Avenue:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision, and dental).
- Employee Assistance Program
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest in Saks Fifth Avenue. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.