Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Public Relations Intern supports the Saks Fifth Avenue PR Team on all initiatives, and
reports into the team.
- Maintain press and VIP lists for team
- Monitor coverage and create press summaries/recaps
- Help support execution of media and PR campaigns for Saks Fifth Avenue, related events and key company initiatives
- Assist in creation of media materials including press releases, media alerts, bios, etc.
- Ensure senior management and team calendars are coordinated
- Liaise between the PR team and various internal teams as required, including event marketing, merchandising, creative, etc.
- Assist in PR for special events (some evenings and weekends as required by event schedule)
- Process and track invoices
- Currently enrolled in college and entering junior or senior year.
- Must be able to work 3-4 full days a week.
- Must have impeccable written and verbal communications skills (writing test will be required)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and fashion markets
- Flexibility in schedule (some evenings and weekends as required by event schedule)
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication and multitasking skills
- Results oriented, must be willing to take ownership of all assigned responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player and positive attitude
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.