Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring teitorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position Is All About:
The new Order Management System (OMS) organization at Saks has been given the challenge and the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the order management system across the whole order life cycle management. We are looking for Principal Engineer who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in online luxury retail. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing world class e-commerce and/or the comprehensive order/inventory/return management experience into reality.
As a Principal Engineer, you are the tech SME of the OMS Federation and API system in Saks across retail, drop-ship, and marketplace. You will work side by side with logistic and shipping leaders, front-end customer experience team, software engineering, central teams, operations, and executive stakeholders as an engineering tech leader. You are a leader with a deep understanding of AWS cloud technology, API gateway, and across-team integration. You hand on challenging tech problems and make tough decision calls on architectures. You have a vision and understanding of technology trends in the industry, and proactively forecast the future landscape in this domain
- Bachelor or above in computer science/engineer and related domains
- 7+ years experience in software development, at least 4 years on AWS Cloud technologies
- 3+ years' experience to design the system architecture and design the systems across organizations
- Drove some architecture changes within existing systems and launched without high severity issue
- Familiar with AWS SQS, API Gateway, and Lambda
- Hand on to resolve a technical issue
- Proof of record to launch features/product E2E
- Familiar with Microservice architecture
- Familiar with Java development and mainstream Database
- Familiar with cloud framework and modern tech architectures
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Make architecture trade-offs and decisions on AWS Cloud
- Think about the architecture to keep evolving system meeting business need
- Hand on to resolve a challenging technical problem
- Drive the operation excellence to maintain high service availability, low latency, and quick response to tickets
- Guide Junior SDE to develop features and coach them on technical skills
- Drive communication with partner team and leadership team
- Own the high-quality deliverables
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.