Sr Software Development Engineer
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring teitorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position is All About:
The new Order Management System (OMS) organization at Saks has been given the challenge and the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the order management system across the whole order life cycle management. We are looking for Sr Software Development Engineering who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in online luxury retail. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing world class e-commerce and/or the comprehensive order/inventory/return management experience into reality.
As a Sr Software Development Engineer, you are the tech SME of in one of Saks OMS subareas. You will work side by side with Principal SDEs, Engineering Director and Manager, Product Manager and junior SDEs within team to design, implement and deliver business critical features. You lead junior SDEs on specific feature development and support Manager/Director to make technical decision.
- Bachelor or above on computer science/engineer and related domains
- 5+ years' experience on software development
- Familar with AWS SQS, API Gateway and Lambda
- Hand on to resolve technical issue
- Proof of record to launch features/product E2E
- Familiar with Microservice architecture
- Familiar with Java development and mainstream Database
- Familiar with cloud framework and morden tech architectures
- Familiar with the test framework, unit test and integration test tools
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Sterling development experience is a plus
As the Sr Software Development Engineer, You Will:
- Be the Tech SME of one order management sub-area
- Be Hands-on to resolve challenged technical problem
- Conduct hands-on system design and detail design, and lead the team to implement features
- Drive the operation excellence to maintain high service availability, low latency and quick respond to tickets
- Guide Junior SDE to develop features and coach them on technical skills
- Drive communication with partner team and leadership team
- Own the high quality deliverables
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks Fifth Avenue welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.