Software Development Engineer
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The new Order Management System (OMS) organization at Saks has been given the challenge and the opportunity to re-imagine every aspect of the order management system across the whole order life cycle management. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who wants to get in early, look over the horizon, and set the vision for a new standard in online luxury retail. We want entrepreneurs at heart, who have the depth of experience in bringing world class e-commerce and/or the comprehensive order/inventory/return management experience into reality.
As a Software Development Engineer, you are working in one of Saks OMS subareas. You will work side by side with Sr SDEs, Engineering Manager, Product Manager within the team to implement business critical features. You are familiar with the software you developed and maintained, and hand on to run the test and debug related issues.
- Bachelor or above on computer science/engineer and related domains
- 1+ years' experience on software development
- Strong Java Coding Skills and understand Object Oriented Design
- Understand the database development and primary development framework
- Understand the test framework, unit test and integration test tools
- Good verbal and writing communication skills
- Sterling development experience is a plus
- Write high quality code following the pre-defined coding standard
- Implement the features which design is finalized
- Write Unit test code through defined test framework and debug the failed case
- Dive deep the system/application you owned to trouble-shoot online issue
- Maintain the system health dashboard
- Clearly communicate the blocking issue during development and update progress status
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.