Cloud Infrastructure - Associate Staff Engineer
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
As an Associate Staff Engineer on the Infrastructure Platform Team, you will be working on the next generation of infrastructure that will support the modernization of Saks . You will be breaking new ground on Saks' move to modernize and transform operations across consumer facing and backend processes. This is a rare greenfield project for a multi-billion dollar business where you will have the opportunity to reimagine the cloud platform and operational standards that support the business.
You will optimize, monitor, and scale platform infrastructure. You’ll use Terraform,Terragrunt and other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools together with a DevOps mindset to establish automated pipelines, immutable infrastructure, and repeatable deployments of a containerized cloud ecosystem. Our team is committed to continuous learning, open communication, shared responsibility, and collaborative problem solving. This role can be filled by a fully remote employee.
- 8+ years operating production workloads in AWS, Azure, GCP experience a plus
- Infrastructure as code practices, specifically using Terraform
- DevOps mindset, able to collaborate across the organization
- In depth understanding of containerized workloads and operating Kubernetes
- Designing, building, configuring, documenting, and deploying infrastructure and systems.
- Developing, managing, and testing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, Terragrunt, Github actions and other tools
- Crafting GitOps workflows and automation to provision infrastructure and workloads
- Applied knowledge of AWS’s Well Architected Framework and operating multi-account AWS Organizations
- Have an in depth understanding of container based applications and operating EKS
- Supporting, monitoring, optimizing, and troubleshooting infrastructure with a focus on automated solutions
- Solving complex business and technical problems in collaboration with colleagues from the technology teams as well as functional stakeholders
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships within cross-functional teams
- Participating in the rotation for on-call duties and well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle, DevOps, and SRE practices
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest in Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.