Cloud Infrastructure - Staff Engineer
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
As an Associate Staff Engineer you will be instrumental in implementing the architecture, processes and best practices to enable the foundational infrastructure (compute, network, storage, observability) required for operating services and applications in the public cloud.
This role is responsible for establishing a highly available and secure cloud platform, including hardware selection, operating systems, virtualization layers, tooling, monitoring, and orchestration. This role requires a talented technologist with experience engaging with application developers, security engineers, network engineers, data engineers and data scientists throughout the full development life-cycle – from inception and design to deployment, operation, and iterative development.
You will deliver the next generation of cloud infrastructure, modernizing operations across consumer facing and backend services. This is a rare greenfield project for a multi-billion dollar business where you will have the opportunity to reimagine the cloud platform and operational standards that support the business. Our team is committed to continuous learning, open communication, shared responsibility, and collaborative problem solving. This role can be filled by a fully remote employee.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment
- 8+ years operating production workloads in AWS. Experience with Azure and GCP is a plus
- Applied knowledge of AWS’s Well Architected Framework and operating multi-account AWS Organizations
- Infrastructure as code practices, specifically using Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible
- Deep expertise in Software Defined Networks, Zero Trust Architectures and Federated IAM
- DevOps mindset, able to collaborate across the organization
- In depth understanding of containerized workloads and operating Kubernetes
- Develop and operationalize engineering best practices through automation, auditability, automated testing, infrastructure and policy as code
- Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex cloud systems
- Deliver the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud first strategy
- Provide developer-friendly cloud onboarding, account creation and management
- Integrate and operate observability products that support compliance requirements and enable engineers to better understand the state of our services and apps in production.
- Provide cloud network services to enable a fast and resilient hybrid cloud with built in security capabilities
- Crafting GitOps workflows and automation to provision infrastructure and workloads
- Have an in depth understanding of container based applications and operating EKS
- Participate in on-call duties and well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle, DevOps, and SRE practices
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest in Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.