Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world. On its website and mobile app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and technical offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent international destination for luxury.
What This Position Is All About:
As the Data Analyst supporting Marketplace and Competitive Intelligence initiatives, you will act as an expert translator between data and business strategy and process. This role will offer you the opportunity to learn about a broad swath of Saks direct operations and be an expert in the data and insights supporting these initiatives. You’ll work directly with the Manager of Competitive Intelligence and Marketplace Analytics and data teams to build and maintain dynamic and actionable dashboards and ad hoc reporting using visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau. You will be an important link between business users, vendors, technology, and other contributors and the point of contact for these solutions with the goal of quick resolution, deep dives, root cause analysis and process improvement. You employ strong curiosity and healthy skepticism as it pertains to data, always striving to be one step ahead of data-driven strategy and insights. You’re innovative, hardworking, and team-oriented.
Who You Are:
- Some one with keen attention to detail and high accountability and precision.
- A proactive self-starter and very solution-oriented. You are always seeking ways to add efficiency and improvement.
- A natural problem solver, both creative and analytical in approach.
You Also Have:
• 3+ years business intelligence, enterprise reporting, or data analysis experience in a business environment, influencing decision-making with data.
• Professional expertise using SQL for data manipulation, investigation, transformation, and analysis.
• Familiarity with data warehousing tools such as Snowflake
• Expertise in BI visualization tools like Looker & Tableau, including data modeling, administration, dashboard design and row level security
• Proven excellence and passion for using data to help solve complex questions
• Educational or professional experience with heavy analytical focus
• Advanced Excel/Google Sheets knowledge.
• Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate about data technology with a strong desire to learn and adapt in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with retail and wholesale KPIs and terminology
• Experience taking part in white boarding solutions, and opportunities for team discussion rather than working in isolation.
• An understanding of agile, lean, and workflow principles
As The Data Analyst, You Will:
- Document, communicate and test data requirements to data partners for modeling in Tableau/Looker
- Support and execute Ad hoc reporting & analysis
- Recommend and collaborate to execute necessary data optimizations and enhancements
- Mockup and design dashboards/visualizations for cross-functional alignment
- Develop, demonstrate, and perform initial testing of dashboard visualizations
- Perform application user acceptance training and iteration
- Test and communicate through upstream data model changes and ensure business continuity.
- Perform end user training and support of data and applications.
- Maintain documentation related to datasets and structures to establish common data language.
Your Life and Career at Saks:
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.