Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for performing general accounting functions within the company and facilitating the month-end close process, reporting directly to the Manager, Accounting.This individual will also provide strategic support and analysis as needed.
A successful individual in this role is a self-motivated, adaptive, eager learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset, strong work ethic, heightened attention to detail and a desire for continuous process improvement. They will be able to work well cross-functionally and form relationships throughout the Company.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required, Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX/internal controls
- A strong team player with the ability to effectively collaborate across departments
- An expert in multi-tasking with the ability to manage several high-priority projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and analytical providing high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and cross-functionally
- Proven experience researching and analyzing accounting standards and regulatory guidance
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
- Facilitate month-end closings by ensuring the accurate and timely completion of the team’s close-related responsibilities;
- Prepare period-end entries, account reconciliations, and account analyses with appropriate internal control documentation and support;
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses;
- Prepare the accounting evaluation, conclusions, and maintain the ongoing accounting treatment of new agreements;
- Assist in assessing the impact from and implement the required changes to systems, process, policies and procedures due to new accounting standards, regulatory changes, changes in business strategy cross-functional and other operational changes.
- Assist with driving change management by working with IT and other key stakeholders related to any associated changes;
- Facilitate both internal and external audits ensuring complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests;
- Continuously evaluate internal controls in light of changing systems/processes and work with Internal Audit to identify and implement necessary control changes;
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization consequently reducing manual, Excel-based activities;
- Help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities;
- Evaluate, develop, implement and monitor accounting and operational policies and procedures for owned areas, with an emphasis on improving accuracy and timeliness, reducing risk and strengthening compliance;
- Research technical accounting issues, prepare policy memos, and ensure that company policies are in compliance with GAAP;
- Maintain chart of accounts, departments, and locations to support financial reporting to meet the needs of Saks management;
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external financial reporting requirements;
- Drive a culture of compliance, inclusivity, continued learning and support;
- Actively play a key role in the Workday implementation by advising on accounting implications, analyzing business requirements and working with the system implementation team; and assist with on-going company initiatives and projects.
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.