Financial Reporting Analyst
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Financial Reporting Analyst supports the management of the Company’s financial reporting requirements, the development and maintenance of accounting policies, the research and implementation of upcoming accounting standards and the accounting for non-routine transactions. This role reports directly to the Manager, Financial Reporting.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required, Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent a plus
- Results oriented individual who will manage deliverables to completion
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to communicate effectively with senior management and cross functionally
- Proven experience researching and analyzing accounting standards and regulatory guidelines; previous involvement in significant accounting standards adoptions a plus
- Experience writing reports or memos analyzing complex accounting issues
- Experience with Workday, Workiva’s Wdesk (or another reporting tool) and Hyperion
- Financial Management a plus
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at any given time
- Able to work both independently and in a group setting
- Research and monitor accounting standards and regulatory guidelines; participate in the impact assessment and adoption of new standards and guidelines and make recommendations to management
- Assist with the implementation of upcoming accounting standards
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the policy and procedure manuals for the financial reporting process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to management
- Prepare monthly and quarterly bank reporting and regulatory financial statements
- Support the preparation of the company’s quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A
- Conduct financial analyses and prepare reports and/or working papers to support financial reporting requirements and management decision making
- Support management in the assessment, accounting and documentation of non-routine and complex accounting transactions
- Perform ad hoc analysis and project work streams as required
Your Life and Career at Saks
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.