Sr Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
What This Position is All About
The overall purpose of this role is to lead improvement in incident prevention and early and safe return to work, support the business with regulatory compliance (OHSA Occupational Safety and Health Administration Law and Regulations), contribute to positive cash flow by reducing claims costs and maximizing workers comp returns.
Who You Are:
You are a consistent top performer and elevate the performance of others, and operate with a strong sense of urgency.
Charismatic and well spoken, empathetic and inspiring.
Must be flexible with work schedules at times in order to meet demands of the business.
You Also Have:
- Bachelors degree in Workplace Health & Safety or Business Administration.
- 5 years' experience in retail.
As The Manager, Health and Safety, You Will:
- Create and revise Health & Safety Management System elements (Prevention program) for US banners.
- Create a cross banner culture that encourages early and safe return to work through ongoing communication with the business leaders.
- Keep current on OSHA compliance and enforcement and support business locations with OSHA inspections and orders and responses.
- Maximize cost reductions in workers comp claims through location audits to ensure both minimal compliance and best practice in hazard identification and control.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.