Senior Manager, Customer Analytics & Personalization
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team and lead the Customer Analytics function at Saks reporting to the Director, Analytics & Data Science.
In this role, you will play a key role in guiding strategic conversations around personalization, targeted marketing, A/B testing and customer analytics by working with stakeholders cross-functionally. This includes working with the data science and engineering teams to integrate model outcomes into existing operations to drive customer facing outcomes that are incremental to current capabilities.
You are a right fit for this role if you enjoy setting high standards, and can operate across a wide range of internal customers (marketers, dev engineers, ML scientists and vendors).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with SQL, Python, R as well as sound understanding of enabling marketing programs through advanced analytics, data science and business rules. The candidate should be strong in marketing analytics, as well as display a strong business sense and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on new ways of working. The role is built for a go-getter, creative, quantitative thinker, someone comfortable pushing for discipline and structured thinking amidst disparate data sets, processes and siloed initiatives, and someone excited about expanding awareness and enabling powerful analytics for other teams.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics, or a business field like Marketing, Finance. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
- 5 years of experience in marketing analytics or data science with 3 years of people management experience
- Hands on experience working with large data-sets
- Consistent track record of delivering impactful results for digital marketing campaigns
- Sound grasp of statistics and expert level understanding of design of experiments, hypothesis testing and structured learning
- Proficient in advanced SQL (experience with Snowflake, MySQL, postgre, teradata, oracle), Python/Pyspark, SAS
- Familiarity with S3, Airflow, github; Knowledge of AWS EC2/EMR, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure
- Self-starter that's highly accountable and takes ownership of delivering your work
- Strong story-telling capability of communicating data-driven insights to business stakeholders in various levels
- Lead a team of analysts and senior analysts responsible
- for maintaining and enhancing analytically enriched customer datasets for use within owned and paid media channels for targeting and personalization.
- for optimizing existing CRM & Personalization programs
- Contribute ideas towards the marketing analytics roadmap and participate in ideation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as the analytic expert & technical architect behind Saks’ personalization data architecture & play a key role in managing personalization vendors to achieve scale. Lead ideation and development of successful personalization strategies across all channels
- Key thought partner for Loyalty, Growth and Retention Marketing teams in development and maintenance of contact optimization strategies, personalized trigger programs and A/B testing
- Leverage CRM data and data science models into personalized marketing applications and targeting strategies, with a understanding of Naive Bayes classification, cluster analysis (K-means algorithm), predictive models (linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees), recommendation system, etc
- Take the ownership of projects with third party data partners, manage the data pipeline, data collection and segmentation to facilitate targeting strategies and data-driven solutions, provide documentation and training for marketing stakeholders
- Serves as business liaison translating complex analytical customer attributes into business friendly use cases ensuring adoptions by setting up new processes, training and office hours
- Drive strategic projects for Marketing by participating in listening sessions, translating business needs into analytics use cases and delivering actionable outcomes
- Participate in key strategic discussions in the capacity of a thought partner and provides analyses and insights to aid data driven decision making
- Collaborate with the data science teams in design, deployment, and evaluation of ML models and advanced algorithms that help the business drive decisions throughout the customer experience.
- Explore and discover new opportunities in leveraging ML outcomes in marketing use cases
- Liaison with digital & store marketing partners to design and implement new marketing programs by leveraging CRM data intelligently
- Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within Marketing & Analytics, e.g. CDP platform
- Guide and mentor analysts in delivering consistent and reliable analysis to address business questions
- Own relationship with IT-Data teams on behalf of marketing teams to manage new requests, enhancements and defects queues.
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.