Manager, Financial Reporting
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Manager, Financial Reporting supports the management of the Company’s financial reporting requirements, the development and maintenance of accounting policies, the research and implementation of upcoming accounting standards and the accounting for non-routine transactions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting and finance work experience, particularly in financial reporting
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Results oriented individual who will manage deliverables to completion
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to communicate effectively with senior management and across numerous departments
- Proven experience researching and analyzing accounting standards and regulatory guidelines; previous involvement in significant accounting standards adoptions a plus
- Experience writing reports or memos analyzing complex accounting issues
- Require to be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Workday, Workiva’s Wdesk (or another reporting tool) and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at any given time
- Able to work both independently and in a group setting
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
- Research and monitor accounting standards and regulatory guidelines; participate in the impact assessment and adoption of new standards and guidelines and make recommendations to management
- Assist with the implementation of upcoming accounting standards
- Develop and maintain the policy and procedure manuals for the financial reporting process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to management
- Review of monthly and quarterly bank reporting and regulatory financial statements
- Support the preparation of the company’s quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A
- Conduct financial analyses and prepare reports and/or working papers to support financial reporting requirements and management decision making
- Support management in the assessment, accounting and documentation of non-routine and complex accounting transactions
- Perform ad hoc analysis and project work streams as required
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount