Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world. On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The PR Manager acts as the PR team lead, reporting to the AVP of PR and Influence. This person will be responsible for driving PR strategy and results.
- Strong PR team leader with the ability to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to think strategically and be results driven
- Deep contacts across fashion, lifestyle and entertainment outlets
- Requires excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to multitask
- Minimum of five years in a PR role agency or in-house required
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment
Role Description - As the Public Relations Manager, you will:
- Create overarching PR strategies for various initiatives for Saks, including capsule collections, special events, store renovations, digital initiatives, holiday season and more
- Create press releases and media alerts, pitch and secure media, review media lists and invite lists
- Drive PR results for special events (some evenings and weekends as required by event schedule) and support senior executives at high-profile events
- Leverage relationships with key members of the media—women’s fashion, retail, lifestyle, etc.—including print, broadcast and digital to secure coverage on various initiatives
- Ideate and contract celebrity talent for select events and campaigns
- Act as liaison and team lead as needed between the PR team and various internal teams as required, including events and experiences, partnerships, integrated marketing, social media, merchandising, creative, etc.
- Oversee press budget, manage PR specialist team member
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount