Manager, Integrated Marketing
Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
The Integrated Marketing team sets the brand marketing strategy and master calendars for Saks.com & Saks Fifth Avenue Stores, ensuring communications across all channels are consistent with the company’s brand positioning. Reporting into the Manager, Integrated Marketing will make critical contributions to the development and implementation of innovative omni-channel marketing strategies, while providing direction for all collateral, Saks.com and other visual and digital communications for the company. Additionally, this person will lead vendor co-op funded marketing planning, negotiation & execution for select categories of business. This position is well suited to a collaborative, innovative and analytical thinker with the organizational ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. The Manager will also be responsible for the management and development of an Integrated Marketing Coordinator.
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated problem solver who maintains an eye on customer focus, a drive for results and meticulous attention to detail. Great follow-up is a must!
- A thoughtful leader who places substantial value on making data-driven decisions, able to leverage data to interpret and use data to support company goals and objectives
- A compelling relationship builder, able to get things done through ample negotiation, collaborative teamwork and flexing of interpersonal skills both internally and externally
- Exude strong business acumen with the ability to recognize opportunities for growth and design a plan to achieve objectives. Willing to take smart risks and innovate to win -- be fast & fearless
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker; Courageous and comfortable speaking up and sharing opinions
- Resourceful change agent--flexible, resilient and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly matrixed organization
- An excellent verbal and written communicator cross-functionally, internally and externally with colleagues and vendor partners of various tenure
- Able to exercise sound judgement in prioritizing workload using very strong organizational and project management skills
- Possess a high degree of intellectual curiosity and desire to challenge the status quo with inventive and disruptive ideas and new ways of working in an evolving business environment
You Also Have:
- 4+ years experience in a fast-paced brand marketing or marketing agency
- Minimum 1 year experience managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or similar
- Firmly grounded in knowledge of digital acquisition channels (e.g. programmatic & social display, paid search, affiliates) with desire for continued study as areas develop
- Familiar with creation and execution of omni-channel retail campaigns with a strong focus on digital-first
- Strong analytical skills including evaluation of digital marketing channel reporting, customer segments, analytics & insights, programs and surveys. Comfortable with teaching skills to junior team members
- Technical aptitude of of Microsoft Office Suite/Google Docs with ability to quickly learn internal systems, site reporting tools (e.g. Adobe, Wrike, Box) and processes
- Ability to multitask and achieve deadlines in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner
- Maintain an understanding of and passion for the retail landscape - both digital and brick & mortar
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment
- Overarching Integrated Marketing Strategy
As Manager, Integrated Marketing, You Will:
- In partnership with Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing and direct report(s), initiate and support marketing strategy/positioning/campaign timing. Proactively generate big picture thinking and innovative approaches to campaigns, championing concepts and obtaining buy-in from key stakeholders
- Collaborate cross-functionally including with content, traditional and digital media, creative, visual, events, PR, ecommerce and store teams to develop compelling and ROI driving marketing campaigns while incorporating new ideas
- Ideate and lead specialty campaigns (both Saks or vendor coop funded) including, but not limited to, omni-channel store takeovers, brand launches and exclusive product drops
- Generate, maintain, and share key campaign documents to ensure alignment across the marketing department and relevant internal teams--from developing marketing milestones and creating pitch presentations, to curating marketing highlights and vendor performance reports
- Key resource in marketing/merchant relationship, ensuring big ideas and exclusive marketing opportunities are pursued and products align with the central theme of each campaign
- Use actionable research and data to improve, optimize and drive future campaigns, incorporating a fast & fearless model of learning
- Develop and demonstrate a clear and persuasive presentation style and ensure presentation support materials are accurate and consistent with brand standards
- Proof all work, individual and direct report(s), for accuracy, paying close attention to detail
Vendor Coop Program Development & Negotiation
- Brand ambassador to select vendor partners. Cultivate relationships with sales and merchandising teams to deepen understanding of opportunities to maximize brand exposure and sales growth
- Create, negotiate, execute and report on vendor co-op proposals. Marketing channels include, but are not limited to, paid digital media, site content & email, print advertising, and in-store visual & windows
- Successfully manage and oversee omni vendor coop allocation and spend for assigned areas of responsibility communicate with relevant internal and external parties in a timely manner
- Partner with internal teams to utilize data to build and optimize co-op programming, pushing for continuous improvement
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount